Exercise will make you feel better, we’ve all read the scientific proof that exercise will get the endorphins pumping and endorphins are what makes us feel elated and what reduces stress and pain. But sometimes it’s just so hard to get started and even harder to keep it up. So for those of us who really do want to feel better or for those of us who just want to look better this summer, here are some tips to make it all a little bit easier.
- Set reachable goals, we all want to achieve results in a week whether it be complete peace of mind that ripped six-pack but try baby steps. A sense of achievement will keep you going. Try going on a fifteen minute daily walk and build it up week by week before going out on a jog.
- Many people swear that practicing yoga helps combat depression so for those of us who are not extremely flexible or athletic try the more gentle form of Viniyoga with its modified poses designed to suit your individual needs
- Variation. Don’t do the same thing over and over, you’ll only get bored and stop. Not only will you keep your mind stimulated but you’ll exercise different muscles and feel better
- Try dancing, turn on MTV or put on that cd you love and go crazy in your living room. If you don’t live alone then just ask your partner and/or kids to join in and just have fun with it.
- Get enough sleep. Yes it’s the old chicken or the egg story. The more sleep you get, the more you’ll feel like exercising and the more you exercise the better you’ll be able to sleep.
- Make it a habit, stick it out one day at a time . It takes 21 days to make something a habit and after that the going gets easier
- Go shopping, if you look good you’ll feel good, so go and get that new outfit to work out in (and show off in!)
- Give yourself a reward, every once in a while enjoy that slice of cake without feeling guilty or pamper yourself by getting a massage and unwinding.
Photo: © Eyedear | Dreamstime Stock Photos &Stock Free Images